- About Us
- Contact Us
Computer Concepts and Paradigms
Duration: 90 hrs
Fees : Rs. 4000/-
Computer Basics, Operations, Systems
What is computer, IPO (Input Processing and Output) Cycle, What is Hardware, knowledge about Processor, Mother Board, RAM, ROM, Hard Disk etc. What is Software, Application Software and System Software, Need of Operating System and its Jobs. Different peripherals like Mouse, Key-Board etc, its buttons and how to work with it.
Windows Operating System
Operating System is the software witch makes the computer system to work. It keeps track of all the files and folders and manages other programs and software.
Windows are series of Operating System produced by Microsoft.
- Start Menu
- Notepad and MS Paint
- Windows Explorer
- Drives, Folders and Files
- Creating Files and Folders
- Cut, Copy and Paste – Files and Folders
- Deleting Files and Folders
- Recycle Bin - Restoring files from Recycle Bin, Completely deleting files
- Using Floppy Drive
Microsoft word is an Word Processing software, used to write text contents needing formatting i.e. Different Sizes, Fonts, Styles and Alignments, The module will start from basics like
- Starting MS Word.
- Opening a new or already created Document.
- Working with different Fonts, and Font Sizes, and Alignment.
- Cut, Copy and Paste contents.
- Auto Correct and Spell check - to automatically check, spelling and grammatical mistakes and suggests correct alternatives.
- Using Help.
- Printing Documents
- Creating Tables when a lot of data is to be given. How to increase, delete and resize the rows and columns.
- Borders and Shading,
- Indentation and Spacing,
- Insert images, pictures etc.
- Mail Merge -To generate multiple copies of letter or invitation for all the friends on the basis of database.
- Templates and Macros – to automate tasks.
Microsoft Excel is a Spread-Sheet Software, used to create balance – sheets, reports and Data in tabular form. It has features like numerous mathematical and statistical functions that can be used for calculations on the given data. It is also used for creating Chart and Graphs on the basis of given data.
This module will cover:-
- Opening and closing Excel Documents
- Saving Excel documents
- Formatting – Colors, Sizes, fonts, Alignment etc
- Auto Formatting and Conditional Formatting.
- Resizing Rows and Columns
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Worksheets and Workbooks
- Cell Referencing
- Functions (Mathematical, Date-Time, String etc)
- Creating Charts and Graphs
- Database and forms
- What if Analysis: Goal Seek, Scenario Manager etc.
- To find a value for budgeting
- Filters to see selected data, Macros
- Security through Passwords
We often need to give presentations and demonstrations in Offices and schools. We can make these presentations effective by giving a using Powerpoint to slide show, having the information attractively written on the slides which could be shown during the presentation.
- Opening and Saving Powerpoint presentations
- Using a Templates or wizards
- Using Drawing Toolbar
- Inserting Images, Pictures and Sound.
- Slide Shows, Slide Transition
- Custom Animation and Effects
- Action Buttons
- Inserting Word and Excel Sheets
Internet Surfing, E-mails
Internet is an unlimited source of information and entertainment. It is collection of Millions of Web sites which are further collection of hundred of web pages each having lots of information and links to other pages. And can be browsed anywhere in the world using a Web Browser e.g. Internet Explorer.
- Web Sites, Home Pages, URL
- Address Bar, Internet Explorer
- Toolbars – Back Next buttons, History, Favorites, Search, etc
- Email – Registering, Sending and receiving emails.
- Chat, Searching
- Abbreviations and Netiquettes
MS Access is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS). It is used to store and manage data. It has feature of forms and Reports using which we can create a whole application.
- Creating a Database
- Creating a Table – Design View and Datasheet view
- Data Types, Wizards, Queries
- Inserting, Deleting and Updating Data
- Forms and Form Wizards
- Controls e.g. Label, Textbox, Option Button, etc.
- Reports and Report Wizards
- Creating a whole application
- Relationships, Macros, Security